Monthly Archives: October 2016

Filing a Claim For Car Vandalism

Posted on October 21, 2016 at 1:06 pm

It’s a sad state of affairs but car vandalism is rife in the UK. There are two things you can do about it, either get it repaired or filing a claim to your insurance company. Both will leave you out of pocket, but unfortunately there’s nothing else you can do.

A keyed vehicle is considered vandalism and is covered under the comprehensive portion of your auto insurance policy. If your auto insurance has comprehensive coverage there should be an amount listed under comprehensive or other-than-collision coverage. If you do not have your insurance declaration page, call your insurance company to check your coverage.

If you do have coverage then you can begin the process of filing a claim for your keyed car. The first step is to get a police report. Most insurance companies require police reports when it comes to a vandalism claim. Intentional damage to your vehicle by another individual needs to be properly documented by the local police. If the culprit is caught the individual may have to cover the cost of the damages.

Posted in Cars